Monday, November 09, 2009

My Kindle Thoughts

So, one of my favorite new toys, my Amazon Kindle. I forgot how much I liked to read.

With two small kids and all the kid gear to take with me, I have no room for a book. With my Kindle I get to take a ton of books (plus all of Amazon's library) with me.

I used to read avidly when I was younger, pre-husband, pre-baby. Seems like a long time ago, and my oldest is 4 and a half, do I guess it has been a long time.
I have re-read some old books, read a few new ones too, like the recent book The Lost Symbol and Angels & Demons before that. And I have to mention Heat Wave based off the show Castle, a great read.
Newspapers and magazines via Kindle didn't really appeal to me, however I didn't read them before, so it shouldn't be much of a surprise. Blogs are a different story, although I could get them for free online for as little as $1 or $2 they can be delivered to my Kindle to read at my leisure. I haven't decided if I like them enough to pay yet.
I love the ability to change books easily if I don't feel like a mystery or adventure today I can read a romance novel or what ever might strike my fancy.

Do I miss the actual book? Honestly I did once, for five minutes. Then I wondered what was wrong with me. We never have any where to put books in my house, they are always stashed away somewhere to gather dust and not be seen until we move or clean. Of course, not with the children's books, but I don't read those, well, generally not by myself.

Now this is all what I think of the Kindle. I was terrified after buying it that it would be a waste, and I am very glad for me it wasn't. Results may vary, but I recommend the Kindle as a great e-reader.
And if you wonder about the Nook, I can't say too much except that I haven't used one. Oh, and let's not forget the books are generally cheaper on Amazon versus Barnes and Nobel.

Time to stop typing and start reading.

No comments: