Thursday, November 12, 2009

Another Day

Well, today was not the best of days. My alarm did not go off, so I overslept. Not by much, just fifteen minutes, but its still not the way you want to start the day.

All day at work I checked my BlackBerry for an email from Blizzard. I finally got one, but it was not what I hoped. It was a survey about the professionalism of the guy in game. Please, just fix my account so I can play. I am losing all sorts of honor, experience, and such as I can't play.
Ok, WoW rant is now over for today.

I know I have talked about the Kindle a lot. I was planning on something else tonight, but I read an article I have to share here, on SlashGear. Kindle DX not suitable for the blind says advocacy group.
I am sorry, I don't mean to sound mean, but blind students have to purchase special text books already. Why does it affect the Kindle?

So who has moved to Windows 7? I did at the end of October from XP. I loved XP and refused to use Vista. However there is one feature of Windows 7 I adore. The previews from the tool bar is nice, but my favorite is the Bubble screen saver. Your backdrop remains the same, with whatever windows you had up. Then bubbles dance all over the screen. I am silly I know, but I love it.
I can't speak to the install process too much. I was hear when my husband was working on his. We ran into one issue, aside from having to back everything up. The key that came with his brand new Windows 7 didn't work. He called Amazon, who sent us to Microsoft. The gentleman was very nice and got my husband up and running.
My PC was done while I was out of town for work. Wasn't that sweet of my husband to do for me?

If you are not following me on twitter (you know you really should - melissaox) you might not know that I am going to the first Nasa Tweetup in Florida starting this Sunday. It concludes on Monday with the launch of the shuttle Monday afternoon, allowing me, and my husband, to be at the press site for launch. We are very excited. We welcome everyone coming for the Tweetup and the launch. This will be my first Tweetup. The ones in Orlando have been on weeknights and its a bit of a drive for me when I have to get up at 5am the next morning.
We might be on NASA TV, or even the news.
If you want to watch -
NASA will use UStream to broadcast the 8-10 a.m. portion of the Nov. 15 Tweetup at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nasa-television. Portions of the Tweetup may be broadcast on NASA Television and online at http://www.nasa.gov/ntv. Photos will be posted online during and/or after the event at http://www.flickr.com/photos/nasahqphoto.

I will also be taking pictures with my BlackBerry 8900 and posting them to my flickr account, http://www.flickr.com/photos/melissaox/.

No comments: