Friday, January 29, 2010

New Year New Ideas

I sure have been naughty about posting over the past few months. I am going to try and be better.

First - Apple iPad???? Really?? I am no apple fan, well I don't have or use anything apple. But I found the iPad to be uninteresting. Just a bigger iPhone/iTouch. Oh well. Apple's loss.
However I am sick and tired of people trying to compare it to a Kindle. I couldn't imagine reading an entire book on an LCD screen. Plus, its kinda too big, and way more expensive than a Kindle. Not to mention Apple wants to sell books for $3-$5 more than Amazon. What is up with that?

So I am heading back to Kennedy for another NASA tweet gathering in February. It should be a great time for the launch of the SDO, a rocket, not a shuttle this time. I am sure it will still be amazing.
On the NASA note - we can afford millions and billions for a high speed rail? Does anyone really ride those in the US? But we can't afford to fund exploration of space? I wasn't even alive back when we landed on the moon the first time. I would love to have a moon landing in my lifetime. Clearly so would alot of other people, as I am hearing there is a bit of a fuss over scrapping moon plans.

On a completely different note, I updgraded my BlackBerry this week from an 8900 to a 9700. I wanted the battery life as my 8900 battery was not doing so hot. Sure I could get a new battery, but a new phone is much better. And it looks like I picked a great time. We haven't had 3G here although I have been told the hardware is around. Today myself, my husband, and one of his co-workers found ourselves attached to 3G for awhile. I would guess T-Mobile was testing it out. By the time I got home I was back to Edge, which is no big deal as I am on wifi at home.

And if anyone saw my tweets earlier, I haven't decided on Star Trek Online. My husband pre-ordered his tonight and got his early code. Its been downloading for hours. I will wait to see him play this weekend to make my final decision. I have never really been a Star Trek fan until the recent movie. I thought it was good, and have given some of the older stuff a second chance.
Of course if we both start playing Star Trek we will have to take a break from World of Warcraft.

Well, enough rambling on for one night I think.

No comments: