Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Wild Fires Burn

I thought when I left Virginia that I had been through just about everything mother nature had to toss at us. Drought, flood, tornados, earthquakes, and hurricanes. I forgot about wildfires.... but in my defense they are not that common on the east coast, that I knew of anyway, certainly not in Virginia.
Florida has its share, and nothing like a lack of rain and florida heat to make that know to everyone.
Would you be able to guess the one thing that can cause me some nasty allergies???
You are right if you guessed smoke.
There is a huge fire burning a bit north of me, and the winds shifted last night and for the first time in my life I saw smog. I do not like it. I live on the 3rd floor and I could not see across the apartment complex. Traffic was horrid to get to my mom's as Interstate 95 was closed northbound right to my exit. It took twice as long to get from my place to mom's. All from smoke.
And that doesn't even touch on the sinus mess I have now. It is not fun :( I hate allergies. Scratcy eyes and throat, coughing, runny nose and eyes... ick ick ick. Not to mention the upset tummy I get.

And there are peoples who can only watch as flames move closer and closer to thier homes.

Oh, and let's not forget the so called muck fires. Apparently in Florida fire can burn under the ground.... yes, under. What is to keep that fire from jumping up and getting me??? Or anyone else for that matter.

I would rather have a hurricane... althought I say that today... I will sing a different story when the hurricanes arrive.
I told them at work I would be happier to see rain than the weekend. How sad is that.

No comments: