Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Kaylee is One Year Old

Well, my daughter is One year old. It's a big step for a little girl. We went to the Doctor on Friday - where they was a fire evacuation - and discovered that my daughter has a big head... it is offical. Her head is greater than 97% of babies her age. I wondered why I had trouble getting her clothing over that head of hers. Now I know :)

There are pictures from her birhtday party on my flickr. Feel free to check them out. I will try to get something posted on here as well.

Life is busy here in FL, but I think the fire threat is over and it is time to head into the big FL threat these days, hurricanes. The season starts June 1. And the newspapers are lamenting how most people do not have an evacuation plan or a hurricane survial kit. Well I know which roads lead out, as do most people. And I keep a stock of water and perishable food handy, as well as back up baby supplies. I even had disposable diapers just in case. Would I say I have a hurricane survial kit, no way, that sounds like a cheesy wal mart product. Am I prepared? Absolutly. As I would wager are most intellegent people. Of course we all know there are a lot of people out there that do not fit those requirments. The media has a way of find they few who are not ready or misasking questions to make us all look like stupid fools. Jeesh.

No comments: