Friday, June 11, 2010

Rugged Update

I have to say I love this case. I thought it was too big and bulky at first, but it really is not.
The hardest part for me has been to remember to take the cover off the camera when I need to use it.
I have noticed I seem to make more typos with the screen cover than I did with it bare. Although I really didn't think about it until I read a post about it. Not sure why that would be versus the Otterbox as both basically just cover the keys with clear plastic.

I feel very secure about the holster and case. Unlike the Otterbox where an invisible crack would appear and make the 9700 slide out.
I like the look and feel of the case.

Another improvement over the Otterbox case, is that the touch pad is covered. I found on the Otterbox little bits of stuff, hair, fuzz, sand (I am in FL I am always fighting sand) would sneak under the opening for the touch pad and get up in the screen or down in the keypad. This would require removing the case to get in there to clean it out.

I also find the Seidio much easier to get on and off than the Otterbox.
I found I got used to the clip at the top to pop the phone in and out quickly. I had to watch myself because i want to fidget with the lock when my hands are free.
I don't think it would hurt the case to cut the camera cover off, although I don't think I will.

No comments: